Friday, March 4, 2011

Simple pleasures... or lack thereof.

So, I haven't blogged much this week, and I probably won't blog much next... I'm busy working on an awards show that is going live to air across Canada next week!  Such is the glamorous life of a behind-the-scenes TV person (I'm actually still at work, at 9:30pm on a Friday night... TV is definitely not all about the parties!)  So, being still at work at this time, it's all about finding joy in the simple pleasures.


Me?  I'm a connoisseur of gummy bears.  I have tried many a gummy bear in my time, but I always come back to these ones, my favourites in the pink bag - Maynards Original Gummies.  There's something about their flavour + soft squishy texture.  They're just perfect in every way.
I'm not really much of an emotional eater, but when I work on productions, I'm definitely a stress snacker (I've had two vanilla dip donuts this week! What can I say, I'm mad about sprinkles)

The worst thing, though, is when you're ready to sink into that snack you've been craving for hours... and you discover that it's not exactly what you expected.  This is the second time in two weeks (should I admit that I've had bags of gummy bears twice in two weeks...?) that I've broken into my gummy bear stash to discover that they're not the soft, chewy gummy bears that I've come to expect from the Maynards brand.  These ones were kinda dry and sugary... and check out the white gummy - he's got some sort of weird film on him! 
This is NOT satisfactory for my 9pm stress snacking craving! WTF?  I'm guessing that maybe the stores that I bought these at (two different stores, for the record) had some sort of old stock or something... but if my next bag of gummies (which I will surely purchase on the weekend, as I'm taking a long train ride on Monday and I need snacks for it) is dry and icky like these ones... I may have to start looking for another brand of gummy bears!

And these are the problems of a 20-something, stressed out, assistant production coordinator.
Back to your regular Friday nights.  Hope you're having more fun than I am! :)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. don't look for a new brand, use that oh so handy "customer comments" phone number that is surely on the package! Who knows, they may send you a bunch of free gummy bears! Especially if you link this article in your email :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I actually looked to see if there was a "customer comments" EMAIL instead of phone number... but alas, there was none. And the phone line was already closed for the day by the time I sat down to eat my gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Amanda said is what I have been trying to say but it won't let me respond or post. Weird. Call again and again till you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a gummy bear fanatic. I need them for every road trip, and I always have some stashed at work. Haribo still reins supreme for me!

    ReplyDelete