Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ready, Set, GO! The Joys of Christmas Shopping!

If you're anything like me, you would have already started your Christmas shopping back in July.  But, I suspect that most of you AREN'T like me in the slightest, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that the vast majority of you haven't even given Christmas shopping a thought yet!  Am I right?

Some of the reasons why I like starting so early is because the malls are quiet, there are no long line-ups at the cash counters, everything is in stock, and the Summer and Fall sales are usually quite decent!  The first thing I do is make a list of people I need to buy gifts for and then I set my budget.  Next to each person's name I'll write down a couple of gift ideas and then I'm ready to start shopping.

Now, before I actually head out to the mall, I'll do a price comparison online for each of the items I've come up with.  This really helps me stay within my spending budget and it also helps me come up with even MORE gift ideas as there may be things I come across online that I would never have thought of on my own!  If I see that the prices online are significantly cheaper than in-store prices, I'll gladly order online and save myself the hassle of leaving the house altogether.  If you're a late Christmas shopper, online shopping can totally become your best friend!  No more loud, screaming children in the aisles of Toys R Us, no more catty women fighting over positions in line, and, best of all, no more trekking through a pre-Christmas snowfall without winter tires!  You can shop from the warmth and safety of your own home and have everything delivered straight to your door (or mailbox) usually free of charge (most sites offer free shipping to Canada if you spend over a certain amount).

If you buckle down and start early this year, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle and last-minute gift worry (believe me).  So why not get everything down now and then sit back and relax come December?  Have a nice cup of cocoa by the fire and think of how much grief you've saved yourself this holiday season!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Are you well?

    This is another great article with very useful tips about. I am hoping to pick up more blogging work, too! I like to review my What makes our anti aging skin care cream special? OurAnti aging skin care cream draws from nature and multi-ethnic wisdom. Experience our skin renewing cream today. This luxurious anti-aging wrinkle lotion is made with multi-ethnical wisdom to provide effective epidermis rejuvenation. This epidermis renewing lotion features a blend of botanicals, anti-oxidants, minerals, body fat, and aminoacids, which nourish the cells to promote natural production of collagen and elastin.

    Thanks For Very Interesting Post

    ReplyDelete