Monday, January 28, 2013

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

I have a resolution to my issues with Bell Mobility! After my last blog post got hundreds of hits and several re-tweets on twitter, I was contacted via Twitter by a Bell Representative on Friday Jan 25, who expressed that he would like to help with my problem.

I sent the exact same details via email, reiterating that I understand I am still under contract technically, but that I have moved to Florida legally and permanently, and I am asking for special consideration for my phone to be unlocked.  This is *exactly* what the agents were told over the telephone when initially trying to have my phone unlocked, and they refused.

A couple of hours later, I was contacted by another representative, saying that she would look into the issue, seeing if an exception could be made in my case because of the special circumstances.  If this was possible, I would have to still pay the $75 unlock fee.  I emailed back saying thank you very much for looking into it, and the $75 would not be a problem.

The following day, I received a call saying that Bell was ready to unlock my phone.  The representative had me give her my IMEI number, and emailed me some directions for how to reset my phone.

I am happy to announce that I *finally* have my cell phone working again.  I am very grateful that I was able to have my issues worked out thanks to my blog and to twitter, and I am glad that Bell does employ a staff on twitter to resolve issues like this.  However, I do think it's disappointing that the only way to receive this consideration is to have a blog and have contacts who will share the post to get the word out there.   The situation itself did not change in between the phone calls and the blog post - it was just the visibility.

What are your thoughts on situations like this?  If you are a blogger, do you use your blog as a tool resolve customer service issues that aren't resolved in a less public forum?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment