Monday, February 14, 2011

Romance Yourself: Snack




8 cups of air popped corn.

Caramel Coating

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 3 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup amaretto
Coating: On a med low heat butter sugar and corn syrup. Once all stirred toget
her remove from heat and add vanilla, amaretto and
baking soda.

Spread the popcorn on a flat baking sheet or ba
king pan. Coat and stir in the topping. Then put in the oven at 325. and bake for about 10-12 mins. Let cool a bit, shake around to make sure
everything is broken up. Then let it fully cool.

I am going to try and make cinnamon popcorn
next time, the kind the popcorn company kernals used to make.





Oh I also served this with amaretto and champagne. I am very addicted to the both of this now and how I plan the rest of my valentines day. That and a little Californication.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Dear Katie
    Thank you for fixing the mess I made out of the blog.
    I don't know why my mac makes such a mess of it.
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no worries :) It was pretty hilarious when I first got to it... random letters in the middle of sentences were huge... hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks pretty yummy! Love the look of your new blog here -- congratulations on getting it launched!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ate it until I gave myself a head ache haha :D Go team Mo!

    ReplyDelete