Monday, April 18, 2011

Debbie Meyer Cupcake Genius is Genius!

Over the weekend, I was able to test out my Debbie Meyer Cupcake Genius, which was one of my housewarming gifts when I first moved into my new place.  Almost a year, and I hadn't tried this nifty little tool, and now that I have, I want to use it again and again!

The cupcake genius is a two-piece set.  The bottom part is a regular muffin tin.  The top part is a silicone insert that snaps on top of the tin, to create hollows in the cupcakes to add your filling.  Sure, you could just make a cutout in the cupcake, or pipe in some filling... but this takes away an extra step - and it's fun!

The first step is to prepare your batter and fill the cupcake tins.  It was our first time testing out the tin, and the recipe - so when the recipe said it made 12 cupcakes, we filled the tins to make exactly 12.




What we didn't really take into account was that the cupcakes grow.  A lot.  And the silicone takes up space that would normally be taken up by some batter.  So next time I make cupcakes, I think I would probably make 14 or 16 cupcakes from a 12-yield recipe.

Other than that, the Cupcake Genius was absolutely genius!  The cupcakes cooked evenly, and the insert was easy to remove and left a nice hollow for the marshmallow filling.



Spoon in some marshmallow filling, slap on some chocolate ganache, and voila! Look at this beauty.
And it tastes even better than it looks!








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. omg! That looks to die for!!!! I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look absolutely amazing! When I visit can I request them?

    ReplyDelete