Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tilapia & Green Beans

Sorry ladies, I've gone and done it. I've stolen the best guy on the planet.  I know I haven't mentioned it before, but I've been too busy living in bliss to be able to write.  It's been about 3 weeks that I've been living with my super awesome man, and I have been loving every minute of it.  Last night, as I came back from the gym, he surprised me with this:

By candle light

Why yes, ladies, that is a candle-lit meal that he surprised me with... and he had my favourite singer - Royal Wood - playing on the stereo in the background as we ate.  (I know it's kinda weird, but we like sitting on the floor in the living room to eat, rather than sitting at the kitchen table... there's something super cozy and romantic about it)


Tilapia with Green Beans

Ingredients
Tilapia & Green Beans
·         2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
·         2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
·         2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
·         Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
·         4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
·         4 tablespoons unsalted butter
·         1/2 pound thin green beans or haricots verts
·         1 clove garlic, chopped
·         1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
·         Juice of 1 lemon
Directions
Combine the flour, oregano and parsley in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the fish in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in the skillet, then add 2 fillets and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook through, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 fillets.
Add the green beans and garlic to the skillet and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the tomatoes and cook until just softened, about 1 more minute. Stir in the lemon juice and 1/4 cup water, then cover and cook until the beans are tender, about 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter until just melted.
Divide the fish and vegetables among plates. Garnish with oregano.


Recipe comes to us from The Food Network (apologies, I don't have the link because I had the recipe saved in a file)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment