Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October cards

Happy Halloween everyone!
It's been a while since I posted, and all I can say is that life has suddenly become incredibly busy!  Here are a few artsy projects I did over the last month:

A quick thank you card featuring a little embossed "thanks" with coordinating coloured flags.  It's sweet and simple and easy to whip up quickly to drop someone a thank you note!


This is a card I made for my friends Crystal and Josh on their wedding day!  They had a Halloween themed wedding (AWESOME!), so I really got to have a lot of fun with this card.  I got to pull in some of my favourite elements - ribbon, sequins, lace, glitter and rhinestones, and somehow it all comes together seamlessly.

This is probably one of my favourite cards I've made in a long time!














Speaking of Crystal, here's the fun little card that I came up with for her bachelorette party.  I based it on an invitation design that I found on pinterest - I used plain pink paper for the card base (it's made out of a single sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock, carefully measured to make the opening in the middle even!)
I then cut out pieces of pink damask paper, and punched holes for the corset's lace.  I finished it off with some simple eyelets and ribbon.












Sometimes it's nice to have a visual reminder :)


Finally, this is a page in my journal that's based on something I found on pinterest.  I had fun thinking of all the things that I really love and make me happy.















What projects have you been working on lately?  Link me to them, so I can come check them out!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment