I admit this isn't as selfless as it sounds. It's all part of my grand plan to get my partner, Gareth, to like Christmas as much as I do.
Half of the challenge is to find 24 gifts that:
- Are small enough to go in the envelopes I've bought.
- Are suitable for a man of 35 and won't end up cluttering the house afterwards.
- Aren't all edible, because that's boring.
- Don't break the bank - the cost of these things add up and quickly!!
Here's what I've gotten so far:
- A pencil sharpener shaped as a knight from the Tower of London.
- An eraser in the shape of a monkey.
- His favourite biscuits.
- A bar of posh chocolate.
- A flannel - one of those that you have to put in water to make it expand to regular size.
- Some paperclips in the shape of bikes.
- Cute felt owls (hope he doesn't like these as I want them).
- A mini wooden puzzle.
- A packet of gourmet popcorn.
- A pen holder that clips onto a book.
- A token he can trade to get out of doing the dishes for a week.
The plan for the rest:
- A novelty USB stick.
- Lottery scratch card.
- Some sort of alcohol miniature.
- Mini notebook.
- Samples from the mens range at Kiehls/Clinique or similar.
- Miniature honey jar.
- iTunes gift card.
- Packet of seeds for the garden.
This still leaves me a bit short - any ideas??