Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Handmade Cards - The June-July Edition

I had a few events in June & July that required some handmade cards.  (And a few more, that haven't been made yet!)

owl balloons For my friend Christina's birthday in June (you may recall her guest blog with a recipe for Key Lime Cupcakes), I made this little number.  I started with a pink card base.  The Owl and "It's Your Day" are stamped in black ink and cut out.  The owl is affixed with pop dots to give the card more depth.  I used buttons for balloons (attached with a glue runner), and drew a line with a marker to the owl's hand.  The grass at the bottom was cut with zigzag scissors, and then cut vertically and bent forward for some additional texture.



k&a wine shower / engagement card

For my friends Katy and Anthony's wine shower, I came up with one of my favourite card designs ever.  I wanted to do something wine themed, but I wanted a monochrome effect for elegance.  I freehanded a stencil of a wine glass, and cut out all the different shapes separately for some texture.  The "love" and bubbles are from a Cricut cartridge (I can't remember offhand which one).  The ribbons are attached with a pop dot.
I totally love this card, and I hope they did too!



Nicole's 5th bday card For my niece Nicole's 5th birthday, she insisted on a Hello Kitty themed party - so I thought I'd make her a card that went along with the theme.  The week before, she had also come swimming at my apartment, so when I found this postcard of Hello Kitty in a pool, I thought it was perfect!  The postcard came from this set (Hello Kitty Haiku postcards! How cute is that!) which I happened to have stashed away.  I used some white with blue/green swirled scrapbook paper as a background... then added the pieces of the swimming pool that were "scraps", with a ribbon in a coordinating colour.  I then used the actual Hello Kitty image, and affixed it with pop dots for dimension.
At the top, I used a piece of colourful scrapbook paper and dimensional stickers spelling her name.

Hope everyone here can use these cards as inspiration - leave a comment and let me know what you think, and especially link up if you've created something of your own!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment