Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Broccoli Salad

I found this recipe on Pinterest.com, but made my own modifications to use what I had on hand.

Broccoli Salad 

Ingredients

2 bunches of broccoli, washed, chopped
handful of dried cranberries
handful of toasted chopped almonds
handful of chopped walnuts

four strips of 'bacon', crisped, sliced**
4-5 mushrooms, sliced

1/3 cup mayo (light, made with olive oil in my case)
tiny bit of milk (almond in my case)

Directions:

Fry up the bacon and mushrooms until crispy (or sweaty in case of the mushrooms). **I used chicken bacon and did not use oil. In the meantime, combine broccoli, cranberries, and nuts. In a small bowl, mix mayo and mix with a tiny bit of milk to get a smoother, more liquid-y consistency.

Mix everything else together - bacon, mushrooms, and mayo sauce.

Eat, and enjoy! The cranberries and crispy 'bacon' make the broccoli absolutely to die for. You'll love it, I promise!

Broccoli Salad, with some leftover bits of salad from the other night!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment