Here in England we have the phrase “a cup of tea solves everything”, which is steeped in years of truth and something you must try the next time your computer dies, your other half buys the wrong toilet paper or the cat brings a mouse home. One note to point out is that none of this fancy tea will suffice – only English Breakfast with as little milk as you can cope with will do – adding sugar is up to you but I personally think it’s a punishable offence.
There is only one other product in this world that will also solve everything which is of course *drumroll* ………………………………………………………………BACON (sorry vegetarians), particularly in a sandwich of some kind. Not one person will agree on what makes the best bacon sandwich so here’s how I do it round my way.
Claire’s Bacon Sandwich – The Future King of all Sandwiches
Serves 1 hungry Claire
1 x 12inch baguette cut into half
3 slices of good Unsmoked Bacon
1 x Avocado
1 x Salad tomato
Brie (enough to put a thin layer on one half of the baguette)
Salt and Pepper
- Cook the bacon on a medium heat, this way it will crisp up without burning.
- Scoop out the innards of the avocado, mash up with a little salt and pepper to taste and spread onto one half of the baguette.
- Cut the brie into slices – run your knife under the hot water tap if the cheese starts sticking to it - and place on the other half of the bread.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and place on top of the avocado.
- Once cooked, dab the bacon with paper towel to take off any excess fat and place on top of the brie so it melts.
- Carefully put the two halves together and cut in half.
- Try not to get it down yourself
I have added margarine in the past but with the creaminess of the brie and avocado you really don’t need it.