2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
450g minced pork
1 can tomatoes, OR tomato sauce if you prefer
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
(adjust spices as desired)
Greek Yogurt (or Homemade Tzaziki)
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and add the chopped red onion. Sauté until softened.
2. Add the minced pork, and continue cooking until browned.
3. Add your tomatoes (or sauce - I used some homemade sauce that I had), and your green pepper (feel free to add other vegetables - carrot, zucchini, hot peppers would all work well), and then add your spices. (I always just shake right into the pan, so my measurements above are estimates - but pretty close).
4. Allow the tomato to simmer down and all the spices to blend (probably about 20 minutes or so). Give it a taste before you take it off the stove - make sure the spices are as you like it.
5. Serve, topping with cheese and Greek yogurt/tzaziki if desired.