Thursday, March 29, 2012

Primal Yumminess (Yogurt Chicken Recipe inside)

It took me a while to get back in the swing of things after returning from a lovely vacation with my fiance... but finally, last night, the cooking bug bit me!  I started with a flavourful Yogurt Chicken for dinner, then made some Cinnamon Bun Muffins for breakfast, and this morning, whipped up a quick honey mustard dressing for my lunch-time salad.

Yogurt Chicken
 Yogurt Chicken


(Note: I cook only for myself these days, so adjust your measurements as necessary for more people.  This was enough for a substantial amount for dinner, plus a little bit to go into my salad for lunch)

Yogurt ChickenIngredients:
4 tbsp Greek Yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
Sea Salt to taste
1 chicken breast

Method:


  • Clean/trim chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a small bowl/dish.
  • Add all the ingredients (except for chicken) to a small bowl and mix well.  The sauce will take on a lovely yellow colour, thanks to the turmeric! Yum!
  • Set aside half of the sauce.  Add the rest to the bowl with the chicken.  Coat well, and let the chicken marinate for at least 10 minutes (but closer to an hour if you're not starving!)
  • Cook in a non stick pan (you may use your favourite cooking oil) until chicken is no longer pink.
  • Serve with a side of veggies, and spoon your reserved sauce on top!

Other yummy goodness, in brief:

Grain Free Cinnamon Bun Muffin I tried these yummy Grainfree Cinnamon Bun Muffins via Joyful Abode / Elana's Pantry. I followed the Joyful Abode recipe to the tee and it was PERFECT.  I love the changes that she made to Elana's recipe, because all the ingredients (except cream cheese) were things I normally keep in the house.
Leftover icing?I know cream cheese isn't really primal... but I've been having a major sugar craving lately, so this was way better than what I could have indulged in!



The muffins (though with the frosting, maybe they're more like cupcakes) were tender and perfectly delicious.  I had tried out a few different primal cinnamon bun subs, and none of them even came close.  This recipe was quick, easy, and delicious.  It will be a staple in my primal treat file, for sure!

And, the leftover frosting makes perfect dipping sauce for strawberries! Yumm!


Paleo honey mustard vinaigrette This morning, I tried my hand at a quick honey mustard dressing, which was surprisingly quick and easy.  I blended up all the ingredients in my magic bullet in about 5 minutes, and now have a tasty dressing to look forward to for lunch!
There's plenty of leftovers for future salads, so I'll have to see how long it keeps in the fridge, and maybe adjust the recipe size to make a little less for future batches.

What have you been cooking lately?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment