For the Omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- butter for pan (about 1tsp)
For the Pecans:
- 1/2 cup pecans (I make extra so that I can snack on them later!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup
- blueberries or other fresh berries
1. Start with the pecans: In a small frying pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter. When melted, add your pecans + cinnamon and sauté until the pecans look slightly softened and glisten with the butter. Remove from heat and set aside in a dish.
2. In a bowl, beat the two eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Melt the butter in the pan, and then pour the mixture in. When it starts to bubble on the sides, carefully flip it. Once cooked, remove from pan and fold over on your plate.
3. Spoon the cinnamon-toasted pecans, and add some berries on top, then drizzle with maple syrup and serve!
The whole process takes less than 20 minutes - if you time it well, you may even be able to get a breakfast like this in before work or school! Please let me know if you try this, and what you think!