These cookies are rich, and sweet, and irresistible!
- 2 oz chocolate (I used Kisses, you can experiment with other milk/dark/bittersweet chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 18 Hershey Kisses (or more/less depending on how many cookies you get out of your batch)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt 2 oz of chocolate either in the microwave or over a double-boiler.
- To the base of a food processor add almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and coconut sugar. Pulse together until well blended.
- Add cubed butter. Mix until dough is crumbly.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Pulse in coconut flakes.
- Drop by tablespoon-full onto a parchment- or silpat-lined baking sheet (note: I ran out of parchment so I used foil that was greased with coconut oil). They will spread quite a bit while baking, so make sure you leave enough space around each cookie. I fit 9 on an oversized cookie sheet. Press a Hershey Kiss into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. They'll still be soft, but will firm up out of the oven.
These were pretty darn delicious. Everyone who tried one gave me lots of compliments, and didn't even realize that they were made with my "crazy" ingredients! Love when that happens.
** Note: I do have process photos of all the steps, so if you need them, feel free to leave a note in the comments. I'm not sure that they add much to the recipe, because it's all pretty straight forward. But let me know if you need help with any of the steps!