- 1/2 cup Greek style low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tandoori paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 2 chicken breasts
1. Combine the yogurt, tandoori paste, garlic, lime juice, garam masala and coriander seed in a bowl & mix well.
2. Add the chicken, coat well, cover & refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. Preheat a bbq grill plate or flat plate and lightly brush with oil (I actually used my George Foreman grill). Cook the chicken, in batches if necessary, for 10-15 minutes on medium heat, turning once & basting with the remaining marinade until golden and cooked through.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
2. Stir in rice with a fork.
3. Bring back to a boil, then cut heat to simmer, to prevent "boiling over". (Do not be tempted to remove lid -- this can cause gummy rice.).
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- cayenne or paprika to garnish
1. Peel cucumber. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips, then into thin slices crosswise. Blot off moisture with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, stir yogurt until it is smooth. Mix it with the cumin, garlic and cayenne.