If you're new to the primal lifestyle, first check out Mark's Daily Apple.com for the basics, and also have a look at my Pinterest board to see some of the awesome things you can make.
And now, without further ado, here is our recipe for Primal Honey Garlic Chicken Wings.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp tapioca powder (optional)
- touch of maple syrup (optional)
1. Broil wings until cooked - cook on one side until golden brown, then flip. (About 30 minutes total - oven times vary, please ensure they are fully cooked before proceeding.)
2. Combine honey, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, arrowroot powder & maple syrup in a bowl.
3. Add sauce mixture to a sauce pan, and cook over medium low heat, until it begins to thicken. If it does not thicken, you may add the tapioca powder, and it should thicken pretty instantly.
4. When the sauce is thick, remove from heat. Add the chicken wings to a glass bowl, and pour the sauce over top. Toss with metal tongs and serve!