Monday, September 8, 2014

Paleo Peach Crisp for One (or two!)


Living on my own, I don't always get to my produce when it's in the best shape for eating raw, so when I was faced with a giant peach that smelled delicious, but was slightly soft, I thought I could either cut it up and mix it into my yogurt, or I could make myself a delicious Sunday morning treat.  With no grains/gluten and no refined sugar in the house, this was pretty much a no-brainer.  I dug through my pantry and fridge, and came up with a recipe that I think will become a staple in my kitchen (I plan on replacing the peach with apples in the fall - yum!)



Paleo Peach Cobbler for One

Ingredients:

Peach mixture:
  • 1 ripe peach, peeled and cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 a vanilla bean 
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Crisp mixture:
  • 3 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 2 tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut
  • 3 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of sea salt
  • slivered almonds (optional)
Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Place peaches in a bowl.  Scrape vanilla beans on top of peaches, add cinnamon and combine.
Place the fruit mixture at the bottom of a small oven-proof dish (I used a 23cm dish) or individual ramekins & set aside.




In a separate bowl, combine flax, almond flour and coconut until blended.  Add the wet ingredients & spices, and mix until combined.  

Top the peaches with the crisp mixture.  Add slivered almonds if desired.  

Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the topping is a light golden brown.  




This makes an awesome breakfast when served warm... or throw some homemade vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt on the side for a quick and easy dessert.  



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment